Friday, May 18, 2007

My First Real Mother's Day

Not that I wasn't a mom last year, but it's just more special when you've actually met your child and interacted with him beyond poking your belly and waiting for a kick. I had a great time celebrating motherhood this weekend. On Saturday I took my mom shopping for a new shirt to wear on Sunday. On Sunday we went to church, then to Costco for a lovely Mother's Day brunch of hors d'oeuvres (samples) and Italian cuisine (snack bar pizza). While it wasn't the fanciest restaurant, it also wasn't crowded. At least we were with mom on Mother's Day, right?



For dinner, Chuck's parents went with us to Atascadero for some alfresco dining on grandma and grandpa's new patio at their home overlooking the lake. The food was great and everyone and their mom was there. They have such a beautiful garden with lots of flowers, fruit trees, and an aviary of beautiful birds. All in all, a very nice Mother's Day. And, Chuck was so sweet all weekend helping out with extra stuff around the house and taking care of Patrick. He even helped Patrick with a card and got me a houseplant and new garden shears.

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com