Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Garden

When we first looked at this house I knew it needed to have a veggie garden in the front yard. The spot was perfect for one. I really wanted to make the garden last year, but with a newborn there was no way it was happening. Almost 2 years of dreaming and planning and 5 or so months of shoveling dirt, setting blocks, and choosing plants has finally come to an end. The garden is finished! Now I can sit back, relax, and watch the garden grow.

Thank you to those who have helped along the way. Patrick, Kimberly, and Ryan have helped dig, plant, play, and nap so I could work on it. My dad helped me haul nearly half of the block. Chuck hooked up 2 watering stations each with a hose and a separate watering can filler. Our friends, The Erdmans, donated and helped load two huge trailerfuls of dirt that I used to level the grade of the patio and lower terraces. A stranger stopped and helped get me home when the weight of the second huge load of dirt collapsed the tongue of our trailer a couple blocks from home. Oops! Our neighbor entertained the kids when they were bored with playing while I worked, and our other neighbor came and helped pull weeds. And Chuck put up with coming home at dinnertime to find me still working on it, the house a mess, and no dinner plans. Thanks, Chuck.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow wow wow!!! That's awesome!!

I am Katy, said...

Thanks, Jaime!

I am Katy, said...

Thanks, Jaime!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com