Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Our Afternoon Guest



We had a visitor today. When I went out to get the mail this afternoon there was an alligator lizard on our front walkway by the porch! At first glance I thought it was a snake, but then I saw the legs and stubby tail. It was a good 12 inches or so. I went and grabbed my camera and it stuck around for a photo shoot. When I went back 10 minutes later, it was gone. I hope it goes to visit the neighbors. I'd hate to find it again when I'm out gardening. I don't mind the little blue belly lizards, but this thing was huge!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We were visited by an alligator lizard too except it was hiding in the plastic bag the newspaper comes in. I brought the paper inside and when I shook the plastic bag upside down to get the paper out the alligator lizard came out too. I was pretty surprised but we were successful in getting it outside, thank goodness. Now I give the newspaper a little shake each day before I bring it in :)

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com