Saturday, August 25, 2007

Old Fashioned Picnic and Barn Dance

This afternoon and evening we spent time at a local barn with friends from our church. Many were dressed in civil war era outfits and others (like us) were not. The grounds at this barn were gorgeous and the barn itself was very nice too. We had a nice picnic, did some dancing to a live string band, and ate some homemade ice cream with pies and cobblers. YUM! We're already looking forward to the next dance in December when everyone will be decked out in full civil war era outfits. I plan to make myself a hoop skirt dress. :)










3 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

how fun!!!!! i want to see pics of this dress if you make it!

Michelle said...

Great barn! Patrick just keeps getting more and more handsome:). Can't wait to see the skirt for the next event:).

Carrie Haughey said...

hi, you dont' know me, I found you through a series of links... anyway. I live in SLO and my husband and I used to go to Civil War Balls where we met, and we would love to go to one here, now that I know there is one! Could you maybe give me the info on when and where it is?

thanks so much!!

Carrie Haughey

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com