Friday, August 17, 2007

TMI Warning!

If you're not comfortable talking about AF, then you probably don't want to read this. :0

So, I am thinking I am ready for a change when it comes to dealing with AF. I am so sick of pads (and tampons are no fun either). I came across this product I've never heard of before: a menstrual cup. There are several brands to choose from including The DivaCup, The Keeper, and The Mooncup. I'm still in the researching phase, so I can't tell you much about them, but it seems like a great idea and many people seem to love the cup. So, I'm trying to decide now which brand is best for me. I'll let you know what I think of them once I get it and try it out. (Whether you care or not.) hehehe



So, have any of you tried one? Even heard of this before?

5 comments:

Brianna Heldt said...

That cracks me up that there's one called the divacup!

I've never tried one. Do many people use them? I just saw them at the store for the first time recently.

I'm a big proponent of OB tampons, not only do I find they work well but they are extremely friendly to the environment!

Kristen Borland said...

i've never even heard of it! i'd be interested to know more. every since nehemiah, i cannot wear tampons (they just don't stay put anymore!!). so pads for me!

btw, i have no idea what AF stands for!!!

I am Katy, said...

There is a lot of talk about them in online forums, but all the companies are too small to do mass advertisement so it ends up being more word of mouth.

Most people who get over the concept and try it, seem to love it.

Where did you see them sold locally? Do you remember which brand it was? I was thinking I'd have to order online, but I'd rather support a local business.

I've read through a few forum discussions on the cups and many who found them really easy to use were already used to the non-applicator OB tampons.

Jacquelyn said...

I used "instead" when I was in highschool. It's kind of gross but if you have heavy period it is very helpful. Also, and this is insanely gross .. they can be emptied and reused if you are in a pinch, I don't think it is recommended because of TSS but you know how sometimes you are all out in a public restroom and don't really have many alternatives.
Thank Brianna for pointing me to your blog!

I am Katy, said...

AF= Aunt Flo(w)

We're all so blessed to have her come and visit for a week out of every month. :) Sorry for using abbreviations that not everyone knows. I can tell I've spent way too much time on forums when I start abbreviating like that.

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com