Thursday, September 6, 2007

Poor Mama Leopard :(

When we went to the San Diego Zoo, Grammie Mary and Papa Chuck bought a set of zoo animals for Patrick. He loves playing with them: he growls and pushes them along like they are walking. His very favorite one is "Little Leopard" which is the baby of "Mama Leopard". Patrick's name for it comes out sounding more like, "Lala lala".




Well, a very sad thing happened yesterday to poor Mama Leopard. She was attacked by a large predator and three of her legs were gnawed off and chewed to bits.






Ya, Gracie got her. Gracie usually doesn't chew on Patrick's toys, but she seems to have a thing for action figures. (She also ate one of Chuck's vintage Star Wars figures awhile back.) I assumed that Patrick probably handed it to her in her box like he does with her bones and she figured that since he gave it to her, it meant she could have it. But, this morning, Patrick tried sacrificing Panda too!




So, now I have another theory on why Mama Leopard got eaten.




In other Gracie news. She is a calendar girl. She made the November page in the Friends for Pets 2008 Calendar. (Friends for Pets is the organization that we adopted her from down in LA two years ago.) She'll be available to autograph copies at her signing on . . . hehehe




I had no idea she was going to be in the calendar until I received it and was flipping through it wondering how they could afford to send it out to all the adoptive doggie parents. Then, I got to November and thought, "That's funny, I have a picture of Gracie that looks just like that dog." Duh, it was a picture I had sent them awhile back with a note letting them know how Gracie was doing.

5 comments:

joy said...

hi, katy. patrick looks just like chuck--too cute. congrats to gracie--that's cool. sorry about the leopard.

Michelle said...

Your like a published photographer now! Your way ahead of me! Poor Patrick's little Leopard:(. At least he's at the age where you can sneak it away and he'll probably forget about it:).

Alicia O. said...

I thought it was so cute how Patrick was putting his toys on the "altar". At least he is okay with sharing so far :). We tried to adopt a dog once and unfortunately had to take her back but Caedmon closed his door every morning out of fear from her eating his toys.
Hey, I thought I'd tell you since you went to the SD zoo.... my kids had a lesson on their school that linked them to the SD Zoo website and you can watch some of the animals on live cam! He might like to "visit" them again sometime that way, so I thought I'd share.

Michelle said...

Alright, I'm getting on your case now...we need updates please! Did Patrick tell you "no like the computer mommy"?

I am Katy, said...

Sorry for slacking off, Michelle. I've been in a funk lately. I'll write something just for you. :)

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com