Friday, September 21, 2007

Quilt Fabric

I bought these fabrics about 5 years ago with plans to make a quilt for our bed. I have been looking for the perfect quilt pattern that whole time. Here are the fabrics:




























And, the backing fabric.
I'm hoping to find at least one darker brown solid or print to go with these to try to tame the pinks. The color I'm thining is the dark brownish color you can see in the umbrella print.
I was hoping for a quilt pattern that had an Asian feel to it, but without a fan motif. I finally saw a quilt pattern that I think will look great with my fabrics. It was a quilt I saw at the Templeton Quilt Show this Summer.










I think the circles really play off the one print with the spheres on it and give it an Asian feel. I am, however, still open to other patterns until I actually cut the fabric, so if you have an idea for a pattern that you think would look good, please share.
I also really liked the idea of this bedspread I saw in a catalog.
It would eliminate the need for a dust ruffle. What do you think? This quilt with a long skirt attached? I'm thinking maybe a little less gathering so it is not so full and ruffly looking. More of a pleated look instead. Your thoughts, please?

3 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

very pretty fabrics (i esp like the green and white). the circles are super fun. looks challenging! i've never quilted circles before. always wondered how. i've never seen a quilt with a long skirt like that. maybe a bit too ruffly like you said, but i think you could totally make it super cute with a pleated look. fun stuff! oh yes, and i think a brown fabric would be a good addition!

Michelle said...

Love the circles. I deffinitly think the ruffle skirt is out, but I think it would look really cool if you did it just straight (I'm guessing that's what you mean by pleated)...would look more asian too. Would the circles continue for the skirt part? It's kind of hard to picture. I'll have to think about it. Everything you make turns out cute though. Are you going to get one of those big ball lights that are somewhat see thru? Do you know what I'm talking about?? Anyway....Can't wait to see it all!

I am Katy, said...

No, I don't think we'll do any paper laterns, nice suggestion though, Michelle. :)

Ya, I'm thinking a straight skirt. And, the skirt would be one solid color/piece, no circles on it. I think that would be too busy looking.

Supposedly the circles are easy to do. My mom as a pattern that shows how to do them.

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com