Wednesday, January 30, 2008

From my Recipe Box

I was going to make a whole new blog to share my favorite recipes, but I'm not sure I have enough to keep one going. So, I'll just post a random recipe here and there on this blog. Enjoy.

Here's what's cooking for dinner tonight:

Cheesy Broccoli Soup

1 quart water
6 red potatoes, cubed
2 heads broccoli, with florets cut off
3 stalks celery, diced
4 chicken bouillon cubes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
½- ¾ lb. Velveeta cheese

In large pot, bring water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook for 20 min. Add broccoli florets and celery and continue cooking for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add bouillon cubes, soup and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.

7 comments:

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe, I'm always looking for new recipes to add to my collection.

I am Katy, said...

Hey Andrea, I'm not sure why your comment posted twice. This is the soup Jen made for your baby shower. I liked it so much I asked her for the recipe.

Kristen Borland said...

sounds "souper" yummy! (a little too much dairy for my tummy. :( )

yes, keep the recipes coming. I always need new ones!

does patrick eat soup?

I am Katy, said...

Patrick does eat soup. He likes this one, beef stew, minestrone, clam chowder, ham and bean, chili, chicken noodle, etc. He'll eat almost anything. :) He didn't get that from me.

Actually last night was the first time he ate his entire meal using his fork and spoon without help. Normally, he takes a bite or two with the utensil, then just uses his hands. It helped that the soup thickens as it cools so he could actually just dip the spoon in and get something with every try. He looked so grown up eating his own meal like a big person.

joy said...

congrats to chuck and the soup sounds good.

Kristen Borland said...

i'm really impressed that he eats soup!! he's getting so old!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com